Check the bottom of the page for answers to common reservation questions!
Yes, by default our system stops accepting reservations at midnight two days before a scheduled departure. Occasionally this deadline will adjust based on demand and the complexity of logisitcs for that particular day (i.e. we'll likely stop accepting reservations/changes for a fully booked Saturday in July on Wednesday night in order to properly plan out our trailers, staff, and reserve extra buses for Saturday). If we've got a really simple day it's possible you may be able to book up until midnight the night before.
Yes, we require full payment at the time of reservation in order to minimize paperwork and wait times on the day of your arrival. If you're not ready to commit to a trip now, that's okay! We take reservations up until 48 hours before trip departure. If you're worried about availability, our inventory above is updated in realtime so you can always check back to see if we're running low on boats.
It's a personal preference for the group. We're happy to take reservations from individuals but the group rates won't kick in. If one person is managing the reservations for the entire group our system applies automatic discounts since we're only handling a single point of contact/transaction/etc. It's about 50/50 of group organizers choosing to avoid the hassle of collecting money and getting reimbursed vs paying a little more to have everyone book their own trip. If you do book as a single group, I'd strongly recommend collecting money upfront before booking someone's canoe in order to avoid the possibility of that person dropping out last minute leaving you with an unused canoe beyond the refund deadline (speaking from personal experience here!). Again, either option is perfectly fine by us (and priced accordingly).
There are often weekdays that have been pretty slow in the past so we opt to close them down to give some of our staff a little break. That said, if you're looking to rent 4 or more boats, get in touch with us and it's likely we'll be able to open up that day for you.
We don't keep a waitlist or but our inventory is updated in real time. It's not uncommon to have a few boats come available a day or two before the trip date. Keep an eye on this page an you may be able to snag one if something opens up. Unfortuantely, if something opens up we don't have a way to send automatic notifications at this time.
Initial reservations can be canceled without penalty if done within 24 hours of making the reservation. Full refunds are issued for any reason (minus a $10 admin fee per canceled boat) until 7 days before your scheduled departure. If a trip is canceled within 7 days, a gift certificate will be issued. This certificate expires one year from the date of issue. No refunds or credits are allowed within 24 hours of departure or after check-in (this includes ending your trip early for any reason). We strongly recommend holding off on a reservation until your group is 100% ready or purchasing travel insurance.
Our system automatically applies discounts based on number of boats rented, trip date, and trip length. You can see how much you might save by adjusting those parameters above.
Full refunds are offered for day trips if a severe weather watch or warning is issued by the Natioanl Weather Service and is scheduled to occur anytime between 8am and 3pm on the day of your trip (this is not an automatic cancellation, we'll still put you out if the weather doesn't concern you). This does not apply to overnight groups as this is a wilderness environment and campers are expected to always be prepared for inclement weather while camping on the river (summer storm development can often be unpredictable - there is more information on what to do in an emergency on our trip planning section). In cases of high water (>4' deep), all trips will be cancelled automatically due to a lack of sandbars. Full refunds will be issued on original form of payment. Refunds are not based on weather forecasts and will only be issued on the day of the trip. We do not cancel for small storms and rain! If you're afraid of less than ideal weather, do not make a reservation until you have a reliable forecast. In all seriousness, we do not take kindly to people that call because their weather app says it's gonna storm in three days. If high water or severe weather is predicted during your trip, we'll keep you updated via email and SMS in addition to regularly updating the front page of our website.
We've got a lot more frequently asked questions on our FAQ page: https://thebestcanoecompanyever.com/faq/
Send us an email or a text message! firstname.lastname@example.org or 608-432-5058