A couple quick notes on current COVID19 policies as we continue buying gallons of soap, bleach, and hand sanitizer:
- Shuttle buses are limited to ~10 people and restricted to only drivers with no gear. Masks are strongly recommended but not yet required on the bus. (After May 26 shuttle capacity may be relaxed to one open seat between groups)
- Hand sanitizer is available in every vehicle.
- High touch surfaces are regularly wiped down with bleach.
- Rental equipment receives direct sun exposure and 3-5 days of downtime between each customer.
- Paddles and life jackets are submerged in biodegradable soap after each use.
- Boats are sprayed with biodegradable soap and pressure washed after each use.
- All reservations and waivers are done before arrival thus no on site touch points.
- Reservations capture phone and email information to allow for contact tracing if necessary.
Our hand sanitizer is 72% alcohol by volume. (60% is considered the bare minimum to be useful)
Our soap is effective against viruses, biodegradable, and made with environmentally friendly chemicals. Fun fact: soap and water are more effective than hand sanitizer.
Bleach is bleach, i.e. caustic and harmful to pretty much everything. We use this only in a diluted form (1/2 cup per gallon) from spray bottles to minimize any environmental damage in the riverway.